Monday, October 8, 2012

Is it creepy to offer help to a stranger?

I'm a college student and a cashier at a Walmart in the town and there is this frequent customer who comes in once or twice a week And seems to always come to my register although I have seen him at other people's registers before. Anyways he comes in a lot and I make small talk with him every time ask him how he is what he does for a living and so on And one time he brought up that he works at the University in town and didn't know how to use some things on the computer. He asked if I knew anyone who could help and I told him that I would email an information technician at the community college I go to, But I never heard back from him. The customer was back this evening and I told him that I tried to get a hold of an IT guy but I didn't hear back And said I could help him for free at the local Barnes & Noble store downtown. He said that would be great and gave me his work phone number and now I'm worried that I did the wrong thing.My boyfriend said that this was really creepy of me to do but the guy is in his late 50s so I didn't see him as a harm and just wanted to help. Anyways now I'm worried I said the wrong thing and feel weird about it, would u do it If this situation came up with you? Thanks in advance
>>> Is it creepy to offer help to a stranger?