Monday, December 17, 2012

How to confront my boss that my current schedule isn't working for me?

Hello. I am 19 years old and work part time at a Barnes and Noble.
I've been working there about 2 months, and when I started, I put down on my availability that I would prefer to have Fridays and Saturdays off.
My grandma is 83 years old, and I love her very much. I go to her house every Friday and Saturday and just spend time with her and help her around the house.
I clean for her and I do her laundry, and she really enjoys my company. Recently, I've had to call off these get togethers with my grandma because my boss continues to schedule me on Fridays and Saturdays.
And it's becoming a real issue. Those are the only days they have me scheduled for some weeks, and i just can't do it.
How do I confront my boss about this? I don't wanna put my job in danger, but I can't leave my grandma alone either.
What would you suggest?
>>> How to confront my boss that my current schedule isn't working for me?