Friday, February 8, 2013

Help intepreting ancient chinese poems?

So I'm trying to do an analysis of these poems but they all seem sexual to me. Tell me if you intepret something otherwise. I can't find any analysis/intepretations of these poems.

My old man's small, shriveled and shrunk;
When a crummy horse has no bridle, who enjoys the ride?
The river swells, the boat rides high,
Too bad his pole is short.
How will he ever touch bottom?

My old man's small and unromantic;
We share the same bedcurtains but not the same pillow.
I joined to your household a fine patch of land;
Too bad you don't know how to plant it.
Every year the harvest of its flowers will be reaped by others
___…

People laugh at me for having no old lady.
But they don't know that "when you scrub rice in a busted sieve, you get a lot outside."
Just like a wild mountain cock that spends the night along the road,
The old bird without a nook always manages to squeeze in somewhere.
>>> Help intepreting ancient chinese poems?