Saturday, May 18, 2013

My teller cash drawer was short $1, 000. What happens next?

I have been working at Wells Fargo for two months as a teller. I have been out of balance at the end of the day in my cash drawer a few times, but only overages of a dollar or less. I only work 20 hours a week. But I have the most solutions out of any full time employees of the branch, a great relationship with the customers, not one complaint, I am professional and come to work on time.My manager constantly commends me as a "model employee" and recognizes me. Well, two days ago, I was $1000 short. I couldn't believe it. I balanced perfectly during lunchtime. But at the end of the day I was short that much.My manager checked my drawer, the vault, all the crevices and nooks and crannies. He asked me to dump my purse in case. And nothing. I am now on admin pay leave pending investigation. I have no guilt because I didn't steal it. I had a couple of large transactions that day, and I am aware that I am ultimately responsible for the locking and maintaining of my cash drawer. I always count my cash twice to customers and once in the drawe before I hand it out so I'm trying to fathom if it was a counting error. The only time I left my drawer unlocked was when I went to the back 5 ft away to count my straps in the cash counter.My manager told me that they are checking my transactions from the day and also calling every customer with large transactions from that day.It sucks because my birthday is tomorrow and Maybe that's why my manager didn't call me with good/Bad news. They can check cameras. Lie detector. Whatever. Clearly I didn't take it. But how long does this process usually take and if I made a clerical error, will I most likely be fired? What is your opinion? (No rude comments please)

См. статью: My teller cash drawer was short $1, 000. What happens next?