Saturday, July 20, 2013

Is Physical Manga/Books Going to Cease With the Tech We Have Now?

I hope it doesn't. Because me and many like me, like to collect manga and enjoy having the actual product in their hands.It really gets me angry and to be honest, a bit nervous too because I have a very, very nice collection going on and it has cost me a fortune to get where I am today. Now, call me old-fashioned but I don't EVER want to have to resort to one of those Kindle or Nooks to read my favorite titles.To me, that feels very artificial and fake-even though I know it is licensed and all but I think the main reason I like the physical format better is because you can actually see and show off your collection. I'm pretty sure you can do something similar with the Kindle as far as libraries go but to me wouldn't feel the same.

My predictions are… in roughly 15 or so years, the world will be dominated by that Nook and Kindle crap and will be very hard to find physical copies. Even now, people say "It's better for the environment because we don't have to cut down as many trees" or something along those lines. I think as more people agree with this, they will ultimately stop book production ( of any kind ) and will forever be replaced with digital ***.
Well, that's my prediction. I'd like to here yours.Do you think it will stop at all? If so, how many more years?
Tell me your thoughts on this subject and remember BE NICE.No rude comments or anything not pertaining to the subject. Please and thank you. :)

См. статью: Is Physical Manga/Books Going to Cease With the Tech We Have Now?