Monday, July 1, 2013

What are your thoughts on Second Person Point of View?

Hi, I'm Celina and I'm a teen novelist. I'm currently working on a novel and I've recently run into a block. Not writer's block mind you but a back track on how I'm writing. More specifically, the point of view I'm writing in. I'm writing in second person point of view thus meaning I use you, your, and you're. Recently today, I picked up a book from Barnes and Noble to help with my writing do to the fact of me being young and, once I get this book done, hopefully get it published. But in the book, he mentions second person point of view and says it's a bad decision. He even says that I'll be seen as a Jay McInerney want to be because of Jay's book Bright Lights, Big City, a book I haven't even heard of. I read just a little synopsis online of it online and it doesn't even seem remotely close to my story. I just want to hear everyone's thoughts because this really has me sad. I want this novel to go places, instead of just hitting a garbage bin.

См. статью: What are your thoughts on Second Person Point of View?