Sunday, August 25, 2013

Advise me: what e-reader or tablet do I want?

Shopping for an ereader or tablet and I'd appreciate opinions. Ten points today for best answer.

My requirements: screen size 8.9 to 12 inches. Must read.epub files as well as the usual range of text, audio, and graphics. Needs at least a bare-bones word processing type app so I can make notes--doesn't have to export those files. I'll be using it, in addition to notes, for reading ebooks (usually from public library), listening to audio files, and occasional web browsing. I'm not planning to do any videos and I'm not a gamer so my games apps don't need to be much more than solitaire or backgammon.

It would be nice but not essential if it had a camera, a USB port, and an SD memory card slot. I'll work around if not.

I also intend to get a little keyboard but I believe every potential product is compatible.

I don't like Apple products so iMacs are out. Kindle does not read.epub files and I don't want to mess with a conversion app, so they're out. Of the rest--Asus, Acer, Dell, Samsung, Nook, Sony--what's my most cost-effective alternative? I don't want to pay extra for a tab that does a lot of productivity stuff that I would rather do on my main computer.

См. статью: Advise me: what e-reader or tablet do I want?