Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Barnes and Noble job help? - 1

I applied to Barnes and Noble in my area that is hiring. This would be my very first job and my third interview. I'm worried that not having any previous experience would decrease my chances. I spoke to a manager today and she said they typically hire people with restaurant experience because of the cafe. I called around to a few other locations in my area and all the employees and managers said it didn't really matter if you're applying for a bookseller position. Does anyone know if that matters? Also, I didn't know at first that Barnes and Noble had a printable application and so I filled one out online a few weeks ago. I didn't hear anything back as they weren't hiring at the time. When I find out I could fill one out and drop it off in store, I decided that would make a better impression and am going to do so tomorrow. Does filling it out online decrease the chances of an interview vs. Dropping it off to a manager? I really want this job and I want to make sure I make a good first impression. Any constructive criticism is appreciated!

Read more: Barnes and Noble job help? - 1