Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Digital vs hard copies… Albums, books, movies?

So recently I had my laptop open, listening to my Spotify radio while I was reading on my Nook. It occurred to me that everything has become digital now and it gave me a really weird feeling. All the music I listen to is digital. I have no hard copies of my favorite albums on CDs or whatever. All my favorite books are digital on my Nook, I have no books with real pages… And movies? I just buy them for five bucks on Comcast On demand or watch a movie on my Netflix account. Now is this convenient? Of course it is. It's easy. Always accessible. But I really want all my favorite things in real life, where I can hold. Like DVDs and CDs and books. But will I be wasting my money? Will these things soon become a thing of the past? Is it worth investing in a DVD collection?

Read more: Digital vs hard copies… Albums, books, movies?