Thursday, November 13, 2014

Do I have to worry about a full on bed bug infestation?

My roommate brought a couch into my house yesterday, and then stopped to check it. Upon investigation it was infested with bedbugs. It probably sat on my hardwood floor, without touching any textiles, for aout 45 minutes before we took it out. We immediately removed all the rubs, pouring bleach and rubbing alcohol everywhere, and called an exterminator. The exterminator said we shouldn't worry since bed bugs don't migrate during the day and it was such a short period of time. We vacuumed and then steamed the floor/textiles/every single thing in the house, and then treated all floors/nooks/crannies with a bed bug spray recommended to us by the exterminator. Can someone just be real with me about what our chances are for infestation? I live in new construction and my landlord has the apartments treated by an exterminator once a month. No other bed bug sightings in our building so far.

Read more: Do I have to worry about a full on bed bug infestation?