Monday, December 8, 2014

Am I a try hard New Yorker?

This is a pretty sad (as in lame) story.

I love New York. I love everything about it. I love Upstate, Downstate, Captial District, Western NY, every little nook and cranny. While I don't live there anymore (lived there until I was 8), I still miss it and want to move back ASAP. My name is "Native New Yorker" on here, but am I really? I live in New England. I try to talk with a NY accent and I love the city and everything else and I've seen it s million times but I feel like I try too hard to be a NY'er. I study NYC and NY state history, have good knowledge on where all the places are etc but I think I only do it satisfy myself. I say constantly "I'm not a Rhode Islander, I'm not a Rhode Islander, I hate Rhode Island, I love New York." I think I mean it… I'm spending my teen years in RI and I just miss NY. I identify myself as "from New York" and I'm completely ashamed of RI. Am I a try hard?

No offense to Rhode Islanders. Oh one thing: you guys and Mass have way too many dunkin donuts, it's annoying

Read more: Am I a try hard New Yorker?