Monday, December 8, 2014

How to restore a first gen nook?

A few weeks ago I came into the possession of a nook that someone had previously left up for target practice. Evidently, they were a poor shot as the nook as unscathed (aside from a single bullet hole in the case.) After bringing it home, I tried to unregister it, when I was informed I couldn't do that without the accounts password. So, I did a hard reset where I held the power button for 20 seconds, 6 times. It seemed to have worked, as it reverted to software version 1.3 and it /said/ that there was no account registered to it. It even prompted me, telling me I needed to register an account before I could do much of anything with it. I attempted registering my Barnes and Noble account, at which point it asked me to unregister first. The settings menu doesn't display a registered account, and no longer has an option to unregister, even.
So, I'm left with the only option I have left, going through the process someone goes through after bricking a failed rooting attempt. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything for the First Edition nook on google. Which leads me here.
Any resources would be appreciated, or actually explaining it here. Thank you in advance.

Read more: How to restore a first gen nook?