Monday, October 8, 2012

What color should I paint the ceiling?

I am considering refacing my (now white) kitchen cabinets. I would like to paint them an antique white. However I have an open floor plan and all other trim work is bright white.To me antique white trim next to bright white trim is as offensive and wearing brown and black together, or white after labor day.So if i paint the kitchen cabinets I will have to paint all crown moulding, base moulding, mantle, window casings, door casings, doors, wainscotting, and chair rails etc antique white as well.My question is, how will this look next to white ceilings? Should I paint those an ivory color? Also, I have coffering in my nook, should that be antique white as well?
Does anyone have any pictures of something like this?
>>> What color should I paint the ceiling?