Saturday, December 15, 2012

Replacement battery for the Nook Simple Touch model BNRV300 or just a throw away? - 1

Anyone manufacture a replacement battery for this Nook Simple Touch BRNV 300 model?

I can't find a replacement battery anywhere and id much rather fix it than throw it in the trash because my warranty is already void due to time. I hope this isn't the case.

Barnes and Noble has a page by page tutorial on how to get the back off Nook Simple Touch just for the sake of voiding the warranty it would seem because the battery is sitting right there but Barnes and Noble says the Nook Simple Touch isn't consumer serviceable. They have tutorials on how to get to the battery and replace it if need be yet the Nook Simple Touch is not consumer serviceable? The only reason I could see how this Nook isn't consumer serviceable is the fact that there's no replacement battery anywhere.

That's my take on it so far but maybe someone can better inform me. I already know the nature of modern batteries and how a battery for the Nook Simple Touch would have to be specially made because it would require micro controllers and blah blah but there are replacement batteries for everything else…
>>> Replacement battery for the Nook Simple Touch model BNRV300 or just a throw away? - 1