Thursday, December 13, 2012

Typical rooms in a mansion?

Here is what I have so far for my mansion in my novel:

It's a large house made of white stone. Surrounding the property is big, stone walls. The only way inside is through a pair of silver gates. The lawn is full of nice things all throughout the yard.
In the basement, there is a game room with a pool table, dart boards and card table. A full service bar with an efficiency kitchen. And a wine cellar with a bistro set for wine tasting. A laundry room with an ironing board and a sewing machine set up all the time. There is an indoor pool surrounded by Italian hand painted tiles. And a theater room with ten sets of love seats to accommodate a crowd.
On the main floor, there's a kitchen with a small greenhouse attached for growing fresh fruits and veggies, along with herbs. A butler's pantry equipped with everything a butler needs with a door leading outside to the barbeque area. A study with white wooden paneled walls and bookshelves from floor to ceiling, a hug carved desk and a white leather chair. There's a grand foyer that's two stories high with a winding staircase and white marble flooring. A music room with a baby grand piano and other instruments where performers play during a house party. A sun room that overlooks a formal garden and down onto a lower lawn where there is a pool and a tennis court. There's also a sitting room with white velvet furniture.
And in the attic, I have a playroom and nursery in the kid's wing. A family room with white velvet furniture.An office where I do most of my work. And a computer, video and audio room.My bedroom is also in the attic.
My bedroom is large and I love it.It has white walls with silver designs all over them and fluffy white carpeting. There is also a canopy bed, window seat, reading nook, crystal chandelier, balcony and walk-in closet.My balcony is white stone with a glass table and two white chairs on it. Inside my closet is a lot like my bedroom. There are white walls with silver designs, fluffy white carpet and a crystal chandelier. Along three of the walls are racks and racks of dresses, tops and bottoms. And along the last wall are racks of shoes.In the middle of the closet is a silvery ottoman where all of my accessories are kept.

So that is what I have.Am I missing anything, or should I be more descriptive? I feel lost…
>>> Typical rooms in a mansion?