Thursday, December 27, 2012

Can your current boss lie to a new job that you are applying for?

Ok I work at A. C. Moore and say if I applyied to Barnes and Nobles and put down my current A. C. Moore job as work experience and the application says "may we contact them"? And I put Yes
when Barnes and Nobles calls A. C. Moore and ask them about me if I worked there and was I a good worker can A. C. Moore or any job lie and say "no she never worked here" "she did but she was fired"(when I really wasn't or "oh yeah she worked here but she was slow and late and lazy blah blah blah. Can they lie like that?
Added (1). @fizx im talking in general even if the workers were good workers but the boss just didn't like the fact they were applying somewhere else and wanted them to stay here.
>>> Can your current boss lie to a new job that you are applying for?