Sunday, December 16, 2012

What's a good publishing company for authors without agents?

I recently wrote a novel (I plan to make it into a series) and just thought I would send it to a publisher to see what would happen, but all of the major publishing companies require the author to have an agent. I'm not willing to get one currently because paying an agent really isn't an option right now. I also don't want to have to pay a fee to publish it, although that should be a given. And I would prefer it to be a fairly well known one as well, or at least one that gets books into good stores like Barnes and Noble. I don't expect to make a lot of money off my book - especially since it's not going to be published by a big company - but I would like at least a few people to read it. Or if a big publishing company is having a time frame for agent-less authors to send in their manuscripts (like HarperVoyager did in October) then please tell me that as well.
>>> What's a good publishing company for authors without agents?