Sunday, December 9, 2012

Which tablet is best for me?

I'm debating between the Nook HD or HD+, the Kindle Fire HD or HD 8.9 or the iPad Mini.It would mostly be used for reading, but also for playing games and web surfing. I've come up with some pros and cons for each device. Which device do you think is best for me based on the pros and cons I have listed, as well as your personal experiences with each device.

Nook HD/Nook HD+ Pros
•I can go to the store where I purchased the device if I have an issue.
•I can read any eBook for free in B&N.
•Highest resolution HD screen.

Nook HD/Nook HD+ Cons
•No camera
•Customer service horror stories
•Only apps come directly from B&N, no other sources.
•Limited selection of apps.

Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Pros
•Front camera
•Large selection of apps
•HD screen
•Good customer service
•Best sounding

Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Cons
•No rear-facing camera
•No way to put selected apps on home page
•Problems accessing Amazon on my laptop

iPad Mini Pros
•Already have an iTunes account
•Largest app selection
•Good OS
•Web browser (Safari) works well
•Can get it engraved (looks nice as well as helps keep it from getting stolen)

iPad Mini Cons
•More expensive than other tablets
•Some books or apps more expensive than Amazon or B&N
•Not HD screen
>>> Which tablet is best for me?