Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Can I get a job at Barnes & Noble even though I'm 16?

I fear they may not due to my age (16 years old) and lack of retail experience.
My resume is very sleek. I excel in subjects like English and History. I'm highly organized, dependable, punctual, and a quick learner. I'm a junior in high school, so I would need working papers. I've only had two jobs, a cashier at a family business, and an assistant at a hair salon. I'm on my High School Honor Roll, French Honor Society, and my GPA is 3.9. I'm in six clubs and I play a sport. I'm proficient with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and the Internet. I'm also very knowledgeable in literature and psychology.My hobbies include reading, writing stories, photography, and volunteering.

Minimum wage in NJ is $7.25 and I'm only asking for $9-10. I believe I am very mature for my age and can handle working in that type of environment.My only problem is I have my application and resume, but I don't think my B&N is hiring. Should I submit it in anyways?
>>> Can I get a job at Barnes & Noble even though I'm 16?