Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Is this what kleptomania is?

So I had a few friends stay over at my place last night, all around my age (18) but one of them, Aaliyah, brought her sister along who's 13. Well this morning, one of my friends discovered her cell phone was missing and her battery was dead, so we spent about 2 hours looking all over my room in every nook and cranny but couldn't find it.
So, we thought it may have possibly been put into someone's bag by accident.So everyone checked their bags and when Aaliyah opened her and her sister's bag, she took out a green chapstick and a blue watch exactly like ones that I have and Aaliyah had no idea where the stuff had come from, so i picked up the watch and went to check if mine was missing and it was, so we emptied her bag and found that Aaliyah's sister had taken:
10 lip balms/chapsticks/lip gloss
1 watch
1 wallet
7 headbands
around 40 hair ties (Basically emptied my entire hair tie pouch)
2 eye liners
All of my bobby pins (approximately 20-25)
AND some money that we spent an hour looking for the previous night

AND after catching her red-handed, SHE REFUSES TO ADMIT that she stole them! She just kept repeating "I didn't take them, I didn't take them."

Is this what kleptomania is? Is it possible that you're somehow not aware/ forget that you took something? Or is she just lying? Because it's obvious that she took it, since no one else was ever alone in my room for a long time except for her when she said she was "sleeping". Does anyone know what I can do? We still haven't found the phone. I think she needs psychiatric help.
>>> Is this what kleptomania is?