Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Can a company send you something you told them you didn't want and then charge you?

On 2-1-13 I went to the barnes and noble website and ordered a nook hd. On 2-2 they sent an email telling me it wouldn't ship until 2-8 because shipping was backed up. I decided to just cancel that order and go to the store and purchase one. I called barnes and noble and they said they would submit a request for it to be cancelled and I would get an email. Never got one. On 2-4 we got a email stating that the product had shipped. We called barnes and noble again and told them to re-route the pkg and refund the money. We told him we lived in a bad area and UPS couldn't leave and we wouldnt' be home. After a LONG battle the manager stated he would re-route the pkg and issued a refund within 72 hrs. Well we decided to check the tracking when we got home from work and shocker… it was showing delivered. The pkg was nowhere to be found. We called again and this time they stated they couldn't refund the money and they would just send another one. I told them before this was even shipped I didn't want it and now they are basically telling me that they are gonna send it and charge me anyway even though I told them I didn't want it. Basically I told them before this even shipped I didn't want it and they shipped it anyway and now the pkg was stolen and they won't refund the money and are telling me they'll ship another. Can they do this? I mean can a company legally send you something you told them you didn't want and then charge you?
>>> Can a company send you something you told them you didn't want and then charge you?