Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How to remodel tile shower?

I am completely redoing my shower.It was a terrible job originally, and there has been years of water damage. I just finished completely demo-ing everything. I have a contractor coming soon to re-frame the shower area (the studs and sill plate were rotted out). I bought an acrylic Swanstone shower base that i will be using that fits right into the shower nook.So… lets say I have the shower base installed and hooked up to the drain… everything else is unfinished (bare studs and all).

suggestions on what to do next to waterproof before i tile the walls? I have heard, read, and watched many different methods. Right now I am thinking I will line the studs with vapor barrier, put concrete board on walls (rather than green board or drywall), mortar the seams, and start tiling. Would that be the correct method, or are there better waterproofing methods? thanks a lot.
>>> How to remodel tile shower?