Thursday, February 7, 2013

Will this work for writing an image from my pc to my microsd card?

Ok, basically I'm wanting to root my nephew's nook color for him. I've seen a tutorial online for how to do it, but I really need to find out what I need to be able to write the necessary image to my 8/16Gb microsdhc. I found a usb reader/writer on amazon, with this link here.

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-MicroSD-Reader-Writer-GFR204SD/dp/B0046TJG1U/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1360221364&sr=1-2&keywords=usb+card+reader

I've read reviews, but most people only mention how this helps to copy images from their microsd (such as pics from digital cameras) to their pc/mac. I need to know if this item will allow me to write the appropriate image FROM my pc TO the microsd card and not the other way around. If this item I've mentioned in the amazon link above will work for what I need, please tell me. If it won't, any suggestions for another item would be greatly appreciated. I'd prefer if the adapter/writer is cheap like the one mentioned above.
Thanks in advance.
>>> Will this work for writing an image from my pc to my microsd card?