Sunday, April 21, 2013

Looking for opinions.or advice?

There is so much stress and depression circulating around my household. I won't go into detail because there's a lot of them. I'm the person everyone comes to with their problems, and everyone assumes I have none of my own. I can't help but feel like a burden, even though I know I shouldn't feel that way. But sometimes my parents do or say things that make me feel like I really am. I'm just so worn out. I feel older than I actually am. I know it may seem childish, but I really want to runaway. I am 18 with no car, or cash. I have a paid internship coming up with Vegas in a month or so. 400/week. I'm thinking of pawning a few things I don't really need (some jewelry and a nook hd) and buying a bus ticket. I've done research. Found a couple transitional shelters and contacted them. They'll provide me with somewhere to stay, food, clothes; y'know shelter stuff. Help me look for a job, housing, and provide finance classes. I'm young but I know how to take care of myself. I'm 'street smart' lol. I really just want to get away from everything and everyone and build something for myself. Y'know, some stability? I feel stuck here. I want to be able to take care of myself. And I know I can, there's just that little shred of doubt in the back of my mind. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that this can work. I don't want to be stuck in this place forever.
Added (1). Thank you both very much. You have no idea how much you helped me, it's exactly what I needed to hear. I think I can do it, I know my parents will come to understand and I will take your advice and keep in touch with my sister. She knows me best; I know she'll trust me, and know that I will be fine. :)

См. статью: Looking for opinions.or advice?