Friday, April 19, 2013

Should we stay where we are at?

My best friend and I live together.
We currently live in a one bedroom apartment.
I just graduated and will be working soon. (Just accepted job offer).
He has been working for a few months.
We both will be making a good salary ($7.5k a month together), but should it be wasted on rent?
He has his bedroom, and mine is in the dining room (I use a curtain as the door). Our apartment is a little old, but is kept up by the owners really well. They are also currently remodeling the outside.

Do you think it would be worth it to move into a two bedroom so I can have an actual bedroom?

Pros of Current Apartment:
Its only $700 a month total (w/o utilities)
It's really big (1100 sqft)
Great location (near everything)

Cons:
My bedroom is in the dining room (we use the breakfast nook as dining room)
We share a closet

Pros of New Apt.:
Newer
Two bedroom (I get an actual bedroom)
My own closet

Cons:
Won't be in the middle of everything (but still a decent location)
Will be about $900 a month total (w/o utilities)
Will be smaller (850sqft)

What's your opinion?

Thank you.

См. статью: Should we stay where we are at?