Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our baby is in icu and the nurse sucks?

Wonder what I should do… every nurse here has been great … cept this one… we've been stressed out, baby is stressed out and this isn't helping… but maybe I'm just being the tired new stressed out dad? She had not checked the board in 5 hours for what's done and hasn't checked on him more than glancing in the window until I got a bit angry she helped with after we fed him but keeps propping his nook in his mouth with a Velcro swaddler pad thing (had jandice so under a light) right after he eats… seems like this is a chocking hazard to me… he also had the sunglasses on from the light which he keeps moving he keeps pulling off his sensors and they know this so they don't run in they wait about 30 mins before I hit the silence button… grrr… the sunglasses he pulls down over his nose and sideways so he gets the light in his eyes every sound he moves he's very alert and she keeps asking when were going home even tho we can stay in this damn room all we want… ugh even my family is pissed they were here for about 2 hours and she didn't stop in once. He also has an iv on the top of his skull which he has grabbed at a few time and I'm just scared to leave him I'm sorry mainly venting just having a hard time with all this and looking for advice… I'm glad he's being taken care of and he's in good hands minus the next 5 hours… I don't want her to take out my problems or her problems on him… poor guy :( there should be a rule somewhere that babies can't be sick…

См. статью: Our baby is in icu and the nurse sucks?