Monday, June 10, 2013

Are these good strengths and weaknesses for an interview?

I have an interview as a cafe server at Barnes & Noble tomorrow and am trying to prepare for it.

Interviewers typically ask the interviewee to list three strengths and three weaknesses. Are these good ones?

Strengths:
Dependability: I am always on time, if not early so that I can settle in and be ready when it's time to work. If given a task to do, I will complete it efficiently and effectively. I'll come into work early or leave late if need be.
Hard-working: I do my absolute best when at work and try to go above and beyond.At my old job, I was promoted twice due to giving the job my all. I ended up being in the highest non-management position.
Great customer service: It is my goal that customer's have a good time and make good memories so that they'll leave wanting to come back. I'm always smiling, chatting with customers, thanking them for coming in, and telling them to have a nice day! In fact, just this past week, a customer remembered me and said, "Thanks for always smiling, ___. You're always so happy to be here." And I am.It's customers like him that make me happy to work in customer service.

Weaknesses:
Time: I'm always early.At least 15 minutes. I can't stand the thought of being late and missing crucial information in a class or disappointing my managers. I used to just sit there, bored, until I decided to take advantage of the extra time and bring along homework or a book or to simply just relax and prepare myself for my upcoming shift.
Take on too much: I tend to take on so many tasks at once. When closing the snack bar, I'll start off with my area, clean it 95% of the way, but then go help someone else when I see that they need help. I'll tell myself, "Oh, I'll get the counters after I help him." But then when he's almost done, I'll go onto another task, and it just goes on and on. But by the end of the night, I've worked backwards and made it back to wiping off my counters with a clean snack bar in my wake.
Shy: Before working in customer service, I used to be very reserved. But after working a year at my old job, I've greatly improved. Now, I only get shy in social situations. I've learned that it's simply not worthwhile to be shy at work. I bring out my outgoing side at work and am very enthusiastic when customers.

What do you think? Do these reasons sound good? Do I sound like I've turned the weaknesses around too much?

См. статью: Are these good strengths and weaknesses for an interview?