Friday, June 21, 2013

Dog running away from and barking at nothing?

My dog has always been happy and healthy, very friendly, and never barks. For the last few days, he has been acting crazy. He never lets us leave him alone, and even follows us down the hall, where he has never been allowed to go. He doesn't sleep at night, and instead wanders around the house growling.My parents leave me home alone a lot, because I am 16, and so I find his behavior unnerving. Right now he is wandering around the house with his tail between his legs, as though he is running from something. He keeps staring off into space and growling, and then running away. Then right now he came and started sitting on my feet, "guarding" me I guess, or just looking for comfort. He keeps turning his head as though he is watching something move through the house and I find his behavior very unsettling. I have checked through the entire house thoroughly multiple times, and I am sure that there is no one here but my dog and I. I am not sure why he is behaving this way, and I wonder if perhaps there is an animal outside, possibly another dog, that he is trying to communicate with or investigate. On a side note, I thought there possibly could have been an intruder because I heard and saw doors opening and closing on their own, but again I have checked every nook and cranny and all the doors and windows are locked. Thanks for the help, and please suggest something helpful, like that my dog is stressed or something, and not some weird juju stuff.

См. статью: Dog running away from and barking at nothing?