Saturday, June 8, 2013

What is the SIU in an insurance company?

Last December I discovered that my Daughter and her boyfriend had been stealing from me. I don't know the time frame and I found out because they were both arrested on felony drug charges.My daughter was jailed and later went to a private rehab. She admitted that she HAD taken several pieces of my jewelry but did NOT know that her boyfriend had been helping himself to things that my mother had left me. I was devastated when I found out that my mothers and fathers things had been stolen. I did contact the man and asked for ALL my items returned but didn't get a response. I went to my local police station and filed a police report. I didn't have receipts or vary many things to prove that the items had existed but despite that I did file a report. When I was talking with the officer who took my statement she advised me to contact my insurance company and file a claim. I had a few things that I had hoped that would help track some of the items. Four of the items stolen were an Ipad, a netbook, a nook, and an ipod mini that was given to be the previous Christmas. I filed the claim with my insurance company in January and I have gone through hoops for them! I have had to try and find pictures of my mothers items, I had only pictures left as proof of my items, (engagement ring, etc… ) I did have the boxes of the computer and the ipad.and I took those to the police and to the insurance adjuster. Then in March I was contacted by a lady from a outside company who was investigating the theft. I allowed her to come to my home and to ask questions, take pictures, and gave her some private information. I have not heard anything from the local police. But today I finally got a letter from my insurance company with a "status" of my claim. They said that my claim and the report from the women who came to my home has been turned over to the SIU of the insurance company. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? The woman who came to my home DID ask me about several valuables that had NOT been stolen.My response is that they just hadn't gotten to those items and that they mainly took things that I really NEVER used or things that were tucked away. I really have NO idea WHY they took some things and NOT others? I have wondered that myself. Anyway, when I got the letter today I decided to look up some of the insurance terms and now I am wondering if this company is INVESTIGATING ME? I was asked my the woman who came to my home if I had "money problems" I really didn't know how to answer! YES! But I don't think that is abnormal, I am guessing that most people have some money problems these days. I have also been going through a ugly divorce and that is the culprit of some of my issues! In my past I have also had some legal issues regarding theft… But that has been a long time ago and has NO bearing on what happened to me. Should I be worried? Some of the internet sites suggested I should hire a lawyer? WHAT? WHY? I have NEVER tried to defraud any insurance company and I am certainly NOT trying that now!!! I feel like instead of helping me they are making me feel like I am the DRUG addict that stole! Should I be worried?

См. статью: What is the SIU in an insurance company?