Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Windows Vista can't find any wireless networks?

My laptop is a Windows Vista Home Premium. This has only been happening for the past three days, but my laptop can no longer discover any wireless networks.
My mom's nook has no problem finding our wireless network… her's connects automatically. But my laptop can't find any. The neighbor's networks used to show up, but now theirs don't and neither do mine.
I can connect to the internet using our ethernet cable, from the modem directly to my laptop. But I can't connect when the ethernet cable is going from the modem to the router.

For wifi, I have Realtek PCIe FE family controller. The driver is all updated, and I've even uninstalled it and re-installed it but still, my laptop can't find networks. I don't even know if that's the problem with it.
I know there are keys that you press to turn wifi discovery on and off, Fn + F2 together… But when I press them, it doesn't change anything. I tried doing it at start up, but it didn't do anything. Please help.

If you have any suggestions for other websites to ask this question on, I'd be grateful for that also. Thanks!
Added (1). Thanks for trying to help out!
Unfortunately, I've pressed the wifi button countless times, and I'm not even sure if it's working properly. Probably not, because it still doesn't show any wireless networks.
We did suffer a nasty thunderstorm the other day, and we turned off the power strip (where the router is plugged in). Since then, my laptop has had a hard time attempting to see any networks.

I got it to work once, for a bit, yesterday. But that was only because I pressed the wifi keys right at my computer's start up (a suggestion from somebody else online who was going through the same stuff). And of course, I've tried that about twelve times already today haha and I'm still not getting any network discovery.
I feel like there's a default setting that may be turning off my wireless adapter automatically, like after I shut down my laptop.Do you know if there's any way I can turn my wifi on without having to press the buttons? Maybe somewhere ins
Added (2). … inside of my computer? D: I'd like to bring it to somewhere, but I'm not even sure if it's worth it. The laptop is a 2007, so it is quite old…

См. статью: Windows Vista can't find any wireless networks?