Friday, July 26, 2013

Great novels about mages?

Due to my rpging like crazy I have developed a need for books pertaining to mages. I would like to read something with a female mage in a fantasy setting (other than this world). I went to Barnes and Noble only to find that most of the books had either terrible reviews or were set in this day and age i.e. New York or London. I searched for a few hours and found nothing worth buying. Most of the "magical" books were in the tween section and I can't even stand it in that aisle so that is a straight up no. I have read Tolkien, Salvatore, Martin, and some of Brooks. I would love to be able to get into a series again like I did with GoT or LotR but this time with more magic and mages.My search for the perfect book has driven me crazy and now I'm stuck with reading nothing. There must be something!
I made a short list of things that would make the perfect book for me:
Female mage main character
Undead
Gothic vibe
Held in a fantasy setting
Dragons, faeries, spirits
An epic quest to carry the story
Third person view
(Bonus points: necromancers)

If you know of any books that may fit this description please recommenced them! I'm at my wits end trying to find a book that it worth reading.

См. статью: Great novels about mages?