Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Publishing company wants to publish my book, how much could I get paid?

So, a small publishing company has decided that they want to fund, publish, and license my book. Though it isn't a very well-known, nor big company such as RandomHouse and the like.
Though it has published some books that I'd classify as prestigious in accordance to my tastes.As well as a few good distributors like Barnes and Noble and Amazon.
So, lets say, hypothetically, that my book turned to be a good seller for a small company, approximately 7, 000-10, 000 copies sold. How much money would I make? They offer 50%, as further detail.
Now, lets say that the book isn't a very good seller, how much would I make then?
And Ive read about people who've gotten really good sales from a small company and have then gotten recognized from a bigger publishing business. How often is that? Is it really rare, or quite common? I understand from what I've read that if you go to a big company as a first time writer it is quite a hassle because they won't support you. But by this method, you're almost guaranteed another contract, so I wanted to try this out.
The company is JollyFishPress, by the way.
Thanks for your time:)

См. статью: Publishing company wants to publish my book, how much could I get paid?