Saturday, August 10, 2013

Electronic device advice?

I have a kindle fire 1st gen that is starting to crap out on me.so while I wait for the kindle to die, i'm keeping my eye out on all the new electronics so I know what I want. The problem was I bought the kindle fire just a few months after it came out, before anyone had any major issues with it and before amazon had time to tweak it

So for the replacement I think ive narrowed it down to three devices (all within $30 of eachother)
-Apple iPod touch
-google nexus 7
-samsung chromebook
(I know what your thinking, "these are three entirely different devices")

But no, they would all work great for what I would use it for, but they each have their pros and cons

-iPod-has small screen and an awful keyboard IMO, but is the most portable, is the most reliable and has best reviews.

-nexus 7- one of the most popular adroid tablets, okay reviews, better keyboard, touch display, has the same crappy charger as the nook and kindle, less portible.

-Chormebook- big screen, a real physical keyboard, doesnt use the crappy mobile websites of youtube and facebook etc, frequent updates, doesnt slow down over time, not very portible, hasn't been around very long so no one knows how it good it 'll be after using it every day a year or two.

I would have it for the next 2-3 years, until I get a real laptop for college.
Would use it mainly for:
-Web browsing
-watching netflix and youtube
-social networking
-very occasional games/apps (like cut the rope, asphalt 7 etc.)

What would you reccomend? An iPad would be great but is too expensive.

P.S. I am 15 and don't have a job. I would most likely buy it with my own allowence or maybe go half and half with my parents on christmas/birthday.

См. статью: Electronic device advice?