Monday, August 5, 2013

What could be wrong with my Hermit Crabs?

I just brought them from Petsmart today, I kept them fairly in ideal conditions all the way home. Had the habitat already set up, and it's Eco Earth substrate moistened, 80/80 on my Temp/Humid gages.

Heating the habitat using a 40W Red Glass Nocturnal bulb. They walked around for a brief second, then tried to climb into a corner. I tried setting each of them in the food dish to encourage them to eat, and then I set them near the water and salt water dishes to see if they would like a cool bath.

They still continued to look for a corner. One of them is currently at the back of a Log hut, and the other one has found a nook around the side of the salt water dish, and both of them haven't moved since I brought them in about 2 hours ago.

Suggestions? Tips? Please be courteous when answering. I did the best I can to study about hermit crabs and have everything perfect before bringing them in.So I am curious what's going on.
Added (1). Petsmart did keep them in good condition. I checked their temp / humidity gages myself.they had the readings of 80 F, and 85% humidity.

См. статью: What could be wrong with my Hermit Crabs?