Friday, August 9, 2013

Why do many people in the coffee beverage industry ignore their tippers?

I'm a barista at Caribou. I ALWAYS thank a customer for leaving a tip, even if it's only the 9 cents from their change. Just a quick "thanks" does the trick most of the time. None of my coworkers ever acknowledge when people tip, and out of the many coffee places I've gone to, only one girl has ever thanked me for leaving a tip (I always leave at least a dollar, so it's not like I'm giving them spare pennies). One time I went to a Starbucks in Barnes & Noble; they didn't have a tip jar so I handed the girl a dollar--she just took it and said nothing.

For me, I always thank tippers because then they will probably tip again.It's just smart, especially since tipping is pretty much optional. Being a coffee shop worker, I always thank them, and I just don't know why almost everybody else I know just ignores them.

См. статью: Why do many people in the coffee beverage industry ignore their tippers?