Sunday, September 15, 2013

Can you lose a contact in your eye and not notice it?

I had both my contacts in my eyes, but one day when I was playing with my puppy, she pawed my eye hard. Even though I didn't feel pain, I couldn't open my eye for a little bit, and when I did, my contact was all messed up, and after I blinked a couple times it either fell out of my eye or got stuck somewhere deep in the nooks of my upper eyelid, because I've been trying for at least thirty minutes with rinsing my eye, massaging the upper eyelid, searching all around my eye for a lost contact - I can't find it.
When I tried the technique of putting on another contact in my eye and blinking to attempt to dislodge it, I did feel irritation at first, and I thought my contact must be stuck under my upper lid somewhere. However, after taking out the newest one and searching for the old one, I could find it even less, and I don't feel it in my eye at all, even when at first I felt like there was possibly something stuck in the upper corners of my lid. Not even now, with another contact in that eye, do I feel the previous discomfort.
Do you think it fell out or if it's stuck in there somewhere good? I've made a very thorough search with various different dislodging techniques, and it's not helped. What happens if a folded-up contact is in your eye for too long? Can something like a folded contact stay in your eye and be completely unnoticeable to feeling?

См. статью: Can you lose a contact in your eye and not notice it?