Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How to recover ALL of my data/files after trying to boot an SD card?

I'm somewhat knowledgeable about computers but I'm no expert so bare with me, I was asked to root an SD card using Win32DiskImager for a friend's Nook Color to give it all of the benefits of an Android phone. While doing so, I believe it unfortunately jumped to my USB Flash Drive. When I had saw what had happened, I noticed that my original flash drive location in "My Computer" had went from saying "Removable Disk G" to "boot G". This sucks because I had tons of scripts I need to print out as well as other things. Is there a way I could some how "unboot" my flashdrive so that it is back to saying "Removable Disk G" and NOT "boot G" and recover the files that were originally on there? Thanks!

Read more: How to recover ALL of my data/files after trying to boot an SD card?