Monday, April 28, 2014

Will I be Accepted for a Breast Reduction on the NHS?


Hi everyone. My name is Georgina, i'm 15 and my breasts are a size 36H. For the past 18 months i've been wanting a breast reduction. After discussing this with my mum, we came to the conclusion that I should wait until i'm 16 before enquiring. This is because we believed that only people aged 16+ were able to be accepted. Since this verdict was reached my breasts have become much larger, thus making my symptoms worse. Not only do my breasts cause extreme, crippling back pain, (to the point of not being able to get out of bed) but they have caused me accute psycological distress. I have been in contact with regular CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) sessions for the past 10 months. These appointments are to treat extreme anxiety and clinical depression. After raking through every nook and cranny of my mind, childhood and environment, my therapist has suggested that along with other components, my oversized breasts play a huge part in why i have become the way i have. After this realisation, i began looking for a way to get around the dreaded age restriction. I began googling it, asking everyone i could about it. Basically, wanting to change the one thing i knew how to. I found refuge in a teaching assistant at school, who herself, had been given a breast rediction on the NHS. She told me to try going to doctors, dispite the age restriction. Before i do so, i thought i'd try and find many other peoples opinions on the matter. So what do you think. Should i be accepted? Thanks.

Read more: Will I be Accepted for a Breast Reduction on the NHS?