Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Is this a good order to read for Star Wars books?


I've been a Star Wars fan my whole life. I've collected toys, posters, watched all the movies 100 times, gotten Star Wars clothes, been Star Wars characters for Halloween, but sadly, I've never read the books. I've been an avid reader a couple years ago, but with all recent things going on, I've put books away entirely. Now, things are going back to normal, and I want to start reading again. Now, I've read things online about certain book orders I should read them in, and I know you can really jump in anywhere, but I'm the kind of guy who doesn't want to do his research when he sees a character he doesn't know. I kinda like to read in order. I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday, and got the Thrawn Trilogy. I just started "Heir to the Empire" (Only on Chpt. 3 so far), as I've seen on 95% of everything I've read that the Thrawn Trilogy is the way to go if you're starting. Here's the order I was thinking of reading. Do you think this is a good idea? I will read Standalone books like "The Force Unleashed" or "Deathstar" while I'm in the process of buying my other books

1.) Thrawn Trilogy
2.) Bounty Hunter Wars (Because I love Bobba Fett)
3.) X-Wing Series (Only first 4, because I heard the others are boring)
4.) New Jedi Order
5.) Legacy of the Force
6.) Darth Bane Trilogy

Read more: Is this a good order to read for Star Wars books?