Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Does this sound like a Pyramid Scheme?

Gonna give some backstory first I suppose. So I went to Barnes&Noble this past saturday, and while I was there a guy(about my age) who looked like he was in his late teens or maybe 20, walk up to me and the first thing he says to me is "Do I go to Georgia State? Because I look like someone there, because of the hat I was wearing. I said no, he proceeds to ask if I'm in any education or employment, I say no then he offers me a sort of job with a company.

He says it's like Amazon but a social media type format(I had to think about it for a minute because that was one of the most confusing ******* things I've ever heard, I still don't think I quite understand the concept still.). He goes on and says he can explain the details later on at a meeting his some people from his company are flying in from NY tomorrow(Sept,23 at 7:00) at a Fancy hotel's meeting room. (before this he was really riding sitting down for a cup of coffee)

Now I thought he was bullshitting at first, but I heard money and was interested and now that I'm reflecting on it after noticing a lot of similarities that happened to Sato from Welcome to the NHK, I'm now 50/50 on how sure I am that it's a Pyramid scheme. I might go and listen to whatever they say until I hear something that doesn't quite sound right and then leave.

Read more: Does this sound like a Pyramid Scheme?