Saturday, September 20, 2014

What would be best to buy for my vacation next year, a Kindle, Nook or iPad?

We've got a Hawaii cruise booked for next May. This is going to require quite a bit of time on a plane, and probably a decent size layover.

Previous trips had shorter flights, so one or two magazines and maybe the USA Today would do the trick, and they were disposable… You could leave them on a seat at the airport, and someone else would read them.

For this trip, I think I'd like to download my reading material, check e-mail, and maybe play some games. I think Kindle and Nook have wi-fi built into them, so, based on your experience, what do you like and what don't you like about any of these three devices?
Added (1). I posted this in a more appropriate section a few days ago, and the only responses I got were along the lines of, "Well, why don't you just read the reviews?"

Reviews are one thing… Real world personal experience is quite another.

Read more: What would be best to buy for my vacation next year, a Kindle, Nook or iPad?