Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bridesmaid fighting?

I took 2 of my available bridesmaids dress shopping today. I have 4. Two were not available to go. My problem; 2 girls are very large, one average, one small. My wants are floor length and 2 toned. One dress we seen was satin with a lace across the mid area. Problem is satin doesn't flatter a plus size bm it shows every roll and nook and cranny. My full figured bm is fighting she can pull it off because the small bm did and she has basically argued at first because she likes it. Like she was the bride. The other large bm refuses satin cause she knows it isn't something flattering to her size. I found a dress that looks chiffon but says satin. Its flowy looking for a satin material in the photo. There was the same dress but also in chiffon but the plus sized bm hated it because where the lace stopped on the mid section because it pulled in and popped out all her attributes for a plus sized girls areas such as the "baby bump" look according to her.

Any ideas for a dress that is long, chiffon, lace in the middle and appropriate for a plus figured lady? Can a satin dress be flowy and breezy and not show her every nook cranny and bumps?

I know it's my wedding and do what I want but I totally disagree with the bm who is fighting us all that satin just won't work for large women. No offense but A size 20 can't pull off the same look as a girl in a 2 in a satin dress. Any help on how to tell my large bm your just not figure flattering in it?

Read more: Bridesmaid fighting?