Thursday, June 11, 2015

Should I work at Panera Bread?


Im a 16 year old guy looking for work this summer and for part time during school as well. Ive applied to panera, modells, barnes and noble, party city, five below, toys r us, i think even some more places i cant remember and ive only got called in by Panera Bread. I went in today and the manager just signed my working papers and told me to call him when i got the school to complete them. I would probably be a cashier/ working up front. I just applied yesterday to a new Sports Authority opening up, but i heard they only consider 18 year olds, basically like all the other places ive applied. BUT, unlike the other places, it is new and they are definitely looking for people to hire, so im really hoping they call cuz id much rather work there than panera. But summer is like a week away, and most places are done hiring, so i cant be too picky. I waited too long to start applying. My questions are these:
1. Is panera a decent place for a 16 year old guy to work?
2. Does anyone have any experience working at panera?
3. Is it possible sports authority may call?
4. When i went in to panera today i only saw girls working except for the manager. Do guys work there too?
5. I live in a semi-wealthy town and most kids in my town work in camps, golf courses, or this local baseball team stadium. However, these places are all done hiring. My friends and parents are acting like panera would be a terrible place to work. Why?
Thank you all for the help

Read more: Should I work at Panera Bread?