Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Would this contract prevent me from publishing an eBook on my own?


I've published my debut novel with an Indie Publisher who seemed honest at the time of signing the contract, but now they have shown their true colours. They've mentally and financially exploited me a lot and is continuing to do so proudly.

They have uploaded the Kindle version, so I have no control over that. I want to publish it in Barnes and Noble, Kobo and Google Play as eBook, myself, but I'm not sure if the clauses of the contract would prevent me to do so. The relevant portion of the clauses read:

“The Copyright of the book remains with the Author.”

“The Author hereby grants the publisher exclusive rights to sell and market the book throughout the world in any media now known or may become available in future.”

Could you please help? Thank you!

Read more: Would this contract prevent me from publishing an eBook on my own?