Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bed bug bites, but no trace of bugs?

I've got three bites on my back that seem to match up almost exactly with a number of bed bug bite pictures I've seen. They're even all in the same area (as bed bug bites tend to be.)

But, I've found no signs of bed bugs anywhere on my bed.No blood 'spatters,' no dead or living bugs in my sheets/mattress -- yes, I flipped it over and checked all nooks and crannies -- nothing that appears to be bed bug fecal matter or any sickly-sweet aroma (though I do tend to keep my window open all day.)

Is it possible that I still have bed bugs? Could it be something else that simply looks awfully similar to bed bugs? They're bright red and incredibly swollen -- but not very raised? A bit as if there's a hard ball just underneath the skin. They're also very warm to the touch.

Help? I'm becoming increasingly paranoid about going to bed tonight.
>>> Bed bug bites, but no trace of bugs?