Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I turned in an application, when can I call about it?

I have applied at a lot of places recently. I live in the Permian Basin of Texas, so people are actually begging people to work for them. (Because so many people have gone into the oil field so all retail stores and fast food places are very short handed. A lot of fast food places have had to reduce hours because of the lack of employees) Everywhere you go there are on the spot interviews and job fairs. Well I applied at Barnes n Nobles, Office Depot, Target, and Toys R Us. They were all online applications, so of course they weren't a part of the job fair people, but I figured maybe they could be desperate as well. I was wondering if it would look bad if I called them asking if they got my online application and when I could come in for an interview? I was recently in a car wreck so I have a lot of stuff I need to pay off, so I was hoping to get a job relatively quick.
>>> I turned in an application, when can I call about it?