Sunday, October 7, 2012

Why is my Nook Color's battery life so poor?

When I first got my Nook Color (back in January), the battery life was amazing. I could play around on it and read all day long and still have enough life on it to do some more the next day. I haven't used it much since the early summer as I'd read all the books I had on it, but I recently subscribed to Reader's Digest on there and bought a couple of new books to read on a very long car ride yesterday. The battery was completely dead when I checked on it (after having bought the magazine and books earlier that day with 100% charge), and I wouldn't have had time to charge it in the morning so I left it plugged in overnight (this isn't something I normally do because I've heard it can damage the battery life).In the morning, the battery said 100% charged when I unplugged it. I locked it and didn't use it at all during the day until I was on the car ride back. I unlocked it and tried to open the Reader's Digest issue and it immediately shut off because the battery was dead. Why has the battery life deteriorated so suddenly? Is it something I'm doing wrong? Should I take it into a Barnes and Noble to get their opinion?

Also, within the first week of owning this Nook, my charger would not work at all after only one use. I took it in and they replaced it for free. I doubt that this has any correlation considering the new charger seems fine, just a poor battery life in the Nook, but I just thought I'd add this.At least I know they have friendly service!

Thank you for your help!
>>> Why is my Nook Color's battery life so poor?