Monday, February 9, 2015

Why do my clothes smell despite washing them?

Okay, so I just want mature answers, please.
I am a 16 year old female, and slightly on the heavier side, so I sweat more than average. I also believe I have excessive sweating, since it runs in my family and I sweat even if I'm in a cool room. So, with that out of the way, I have a problem with clothing smell. I sweat a crap load in my underarm area and back, which is not only very embarrassing but annoying, and so of course it gets on my clothing. Well, I've recently noticed that when I wear something (99% of the time it is a shirt), it smells really bad when I become active in it, whether walking from one class to another or standing outside in the heat. It smells like BO, and is extremely embarrassing and makes me uncomfortable. I've tried washing with extra laundry soap, using perfume, wearing extra deodorant and nothing is helping. It's embarrassing because I can't raise my arm because it smells in my underarm area, but I think you get the gist. So I guess what I'm trying to ask is: what can I do eliminate this terrible odor from my clothes? It's ruining my school experience and lowering my confidence out in public.
(On an extra note, I don't have very many outfits to wear since we don't have much money, but I have enough to wear a different outfit every day of the week, but usually start wearing the same clothes within a few days.)
Please help me!

Read more: Why do my clothes smell despite washing them?