Friday, November 9, 2012

For Barnes & Noble Employees: advice?

I am 17 and was hired at Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago. Naturally I was eccstatic, and of course I was aware of how blessed I am to have scored this for my first job ever.
I've worked twice so far: one 6 and a half hour shift last Friday and an 8 hour shift last Saturday.
I work as a cashier, and of course I made a few mistakes here and there but for the most part I did okay.
However, I go in again tomorrow for a 7 hour shift and I'm TERRIFIED that I will have forgotten everything - how to make the different transactions, which keys to press, etc. (… If you've ever worked as a cashier at B&N you might understand what I mean when I say it can be tricky to memorize all the different key combinations to get to what the customer needs QUICKLY and efficiently… )
If I'm still in training, are my fellow employees/trainers going to totally lose their patience with me if I struggle a little bit tomorrow? I'm terrified: making mistakes/letting people down are my biggest fears.

Also, any other advice for cashiers might be helpful. I'M GREAT WITH PEOPLE, I just struggle with some of the technological memorization.

Thanks for any help!
>>> For Barnes & Noble Employees: advice?