Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nook for both of us, or am I selfish?

I've decided to get my husband a Nook SimpleTouch for Christmas.
He's not an avid reader, but I think having an e-reader will boost his interest in reading.

I have the first nook, and I've had it since just a little while after it came out.It's still works just fine, and I love it. The battery is getting annoying quick to go out, but I expected that…

But should I get myself a new one, the matching counterpart to my husband's, or does that detract from the gift?
I know he won't buy me one, and I'd like to upgrade to the newer model…
The other thing I'm thinking about is buying myself an iPad. I've wanted one for a while, and while they're most certainly not the same thing, I cannot justify the expenditure on both for myself.

Not that y'all care, but I'm looking for advice… our friends and family would just blab to him about my planned gifts, and ruin the surprise.

So:
1) Nook for him
or
2) Nook for us both
or
3) Nook for him and iPad for me?
>>> Nook for both of us, or am I selfish?